My Account

Click to register or sign in

Shopping Cart

View cart details

F1 Fiance Visa (USA) - Requirements
Expedite Travel Services

Expedite Travel Services

Eligibility to bring your fiancé to the U.S. (K-1 Fiancé Visa)

To be eligible to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States on a fiancé(e) visa, you must meet the following requirements:

You and your fiancé must be legally free to marry, which means that if you or your fiancé were previously married, you would have to present one (1) of the following documents to show that the previous marriages have ended.

  • Divorce decree or,
  • Annulments or,
  • Death certificates

You and your fiancé must be in a legitimate relationship. You have to submit documents to prove the legitimacy of the relationship. Evidence that you will need to submit to prove the legitimacy of you and your fiancé’s relationship can be but not limited to the following documents.

  • Pictures of both of you together

  • Flight itinerary of trips that you or your fiancé take to visit each other.

  • Text messages, Facebook messages, call logs, email, letters that you sent to each other.

  • Pictures of engagement ring, or any other documents that can show as evidence that both of you are in a legitimate relationship

  • You and your fiancé must meet in persons within the last (2) two years. Documents that you can present that show that you and your fiancé met in person within the last two years can be but not limited to the following documents.

  • Date photos of you and your fiancé together

  • Flight itineraries and hotel reservations

  • If you were unable to visit your spouse due to you violating strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice; or due to extreme hardship to you, the US citizen petitioner. You would have to provide a legitimate reason as to why you could not visit your spouse within the last two years.

You and your fiancé must provide a signed statement indicating that you and your fiancé plan on getting married within 90 days of your Fiancé arriving in the United States. You can also submit the following supporting documents.

  • Wedding invitations.

  • Receipts of deposits made on a venue where you plan to get married

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *